Wedding Bar and Cocktail Trends – How your Bartending Service can add style to your Wedding Reception
One of the most stressful but most fun parts of a wedding is dealing with the alcohol and bar situation for the cocktail hour and wedding reception. There are so many options when it comes to ideas for your wedding bar to keep it fun, creative, formal or any other vibe you may be aiming to achieve. Between the different drink choices you may want for your guests, the design of your physical bar or the people actually serving – there are definite wedding bar and cocktail trends that the current bride can hop on to make the most of their bar for their celebration! The good news is, the cocktails you choose can go a long way to impress your guests, please their palettes, and accentuate your wedding day style!
Six Wedding Bar and Cocktail Trends
- Specialty Drinks are Always Adorable – Have your bartending service help create a concoction just for your wedding – perhaps inspired by or named after a specific destination, your home towns, or the bride and groom. This wedding bar trend is one that has almost come to be expected these days. And as you know, Southern weddings are all about that personalization.
- Couture Bar Display – The wedding bar itself can complement your event design. POUR – a Raleigh based bartending service, has custom bars-in-house, and most Southern Bride & Groom recommended rental companies do too. They can vary from industrial metal to white wood lined with mirrors. Some venues have their own built in bars but if they don’t or you are having a cocktail hour, it’s always fun to create a work of art bar design for your guests to admire while ordering their drinks.
- Drink Themes – You may want to pick a cocktail to match the day’s theme. Your bartending service can help. The Tom Collins is a perfect top-off for a Gatsby event, a Rum Runner goes well with tropical decor, and martinis work with a retro or vintage vibe. If you’re a couple that just LOVES a theme, this wedding bar trend is right up your alley!
- Designer Bar Staff– A knowledgeable, trained and well-dressed staff goes a long way. According to POUR Bar Services owner Ashlee Adams, this is an area where her company shines. “Taking some cues from a traditional ‘speakeasy’ atmosphere, our staff come dressed to the nines. Add in someone who can make one of the best martinis in town, and you can’t go wrong, she says.
- Champagne Tower – Classic is timeless, y’all. Southern brides and grooms are loving the champagne tower as their newlywed toast. It is the perfect festive way to kick off the wedding toasts! It makes a great photo opp, too. (We don’t recommend you DIY this, folks. Enlist a planner or a bartending service).
- After Dinner Drinks – To really impress, have a specialty drink to wrap up the wedding meal. This could range from cocktails to cordials. Adult full-service coffee bars are another fan favorite. These elegant sippers are great additions to any party, and it’s easy to see why they make the list of wedding bar and cocktail trends.